Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back in the Saddle

SabBRADical was great.  And I enjoyed blogging.  But I wasn't sure I could handle the pressure of blogging all the time.  Still not sure how it works to interact with people and blog appropriately.  I'm afraid I tend to say what I'm thinking.  What if I type what I'm thinking?  Could be dangerous.

Cassidy just read over my shoulder and asked, "Why MONDAY MORNING YOUTH PASTOR?"  Good question.  In sports, a Monday Morning Quarterback is a person who goes back to work after the football games on the weekend and has all the answers for what his football team should have done to win the game.  For me, I guess it's the idea of looking back over the week and more specifically at Sunday (when a lot of my work takes place) and giving perspective.  I loved the title "SabBRADical" but I gotta move on.

OK, so my first post will be about football.  Got to go to the Nebraska vs Texas game on Saturday.  Beautiful day.  Had a mushroom and cheese Runza for lunch.  Game was so-so.  Texas was better than us on that day, but I also think Nebraska shot themselves in the foot a lot.  I haven't thought we looked like a team that would play for the National Championship, so it's a good dose of reality for Nebraska fans.  Our family went to the South Dakota State/Nebraska game in September.  I'd rather pay any day to watch Nebraska play a good team and lose than watch them play a bad team and win.  The hype was cool.

Alright.  That's it for this week.  Next Monday I'll get back on schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Wait a minute...are you calling SDSU a bad team. That's it I'm taking back that 52" plasma 3-D ready TV I bought you for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete